Fixed Income Graduate Programme 2024 - London
Job Description - 2024 Fixed Income Graduate Programme
Department: Fixed Income
Location: London, EC4M 5AB
Duration: Full Time
Who we are:
Feel passionate about becoming an investor and making a real difference to our clients’ future?
Do you enjoy working as part of a team and taking ownership of your own work?
Our Fixed Income team manages debt securities in a range of funds covering investment grade, high yield, emerging markets, hybrids, and money markets. You will have the opportunity to rotate across multiple teams to gain a holistic understanding of the Fixed Income investment process.
At Fidelity International, we’ve been helping clients plan and invest for their futures for over 50 years. From more than 25 locations around the world, we provide investment services and retirement expertise to everyone from central banks to private individuals.
We’re known for acting with integrity and thinking for the long-term. And across our organisation, we foster a welcoming, caring and inclusive culture where people feel respected, trusted and able to be themselves.
We don’t expect you to come straight in and know everything about what we do. As a graduate, and whatever you’ve studied, we’ll help make sure you get the most out of being a full-time employee.
The Team you’ll join:
Our Fixed Income team manages money for investors all around the world. Their expertise ranges from trading and portfolio management to credit and quantitative research. Whenever an investment decision relating to credit needs to be made, this is the team that people come to.
With a natural desire to learn, you will gain a deep, analytical understanding of the factors that go into making recommendations on behalf of our clients. You will have the opportunity to rotate across 4 different departments every 6 months:
- Investment Directing
- Non-Core rotation
These rotations are designed to develop and nurture your skills, interests, and ambitions as closely as possible.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll gain a holistic understanding of the Fixed Income investment process by rotating across up to four departments - fundamental Credit Research, Quantitative Research, Trading, and Investment Directing. We’ll help you select the rotations that match your skills, interests and ambitions as closely as possible.
- Investment Directing Rotation (6 months) - You will learn about our fund range and understand the commercial drivers of the different fixed income strategies. You will respond to client queries and act as the liaison between portfolio managers and distribution colleagues.
- Research Rotation (6 months) - You will evaluate the creditworthiness of issuers, analyse the risks involved and assess the value of their debt securities, ultimately contributing investment ideas and recommendations. You will do this through detailed fundamental analysis, incorporating ESG as well as financial factors, engaging with issuers and other relevant parties, and evaluating market conditions.
- Trading Rotation (6 months) - You will study market activity and monitor and execute trade activity on behalf of client funds where appropriate. You will use this to develop an insight into how market liquidity influences investment decisions.
- Non-Core Rotation (6 months) - You will have the opportunity to spend 6 months enhancing your skills and knowledge away from the core teams, to further your focus on additional elements of the investment process or specialist functions. You will work closely with your manager and the Programme-Management team to determine a rotation that offers you rich insight and development to grow your knowledge and expertise; these may be within areas such as Sustainable Investing, Quant & Systematic or Investment Risk teams amongst others.
The difference you’ll make:
As your skills and confidence grow, you’ll become more and more involved in making key decisions for our customers. You’ll help them invest and plan for the futures they want. You’ll provide invaluable support to your team, too.
How you’ll be supported:
On joining, you’ll be invited to attend the Early Careers Global Orientation and Investment Management Academy, where the content has been specially curated to set you up for success in your role! The IM Academy, designed and delivered by our own investment professionals, will provide a thorough introduction to our IM functions, and equip you with the technical knowledge, skills, and behaviours required to hit the ground running.
We believe in the potential of our graduates and have designed a structured two-year programme to support your ongoing development. With each rotation you’ll be assigned a ‘rotation coach’; a member of the team (at times a programme alumnus!) who will provide 1.1 guidance on goals, strengths, and opportunities to stretch and develop your talents to their full potential.
Your programme manager and business sponsors will provide holistic support over your 2-year development journey, aligning your programme pathway with your longer-term career aspirations. You’ll gain professional accreditations through the CFA & IMC and have access to ongoing training targeting essential professional and technical skills either through the Academy Online, or our global suite of online learning tools.
Support is part of our culture, and you’ll join a close-knit early careers community, with plenty of social and networking events to help you find your feet and feel at home.
What we’re looking for:
It’s who you are that matters here, rather than what you studied. We look for graduates who are highly driven with intellectual curiosity, ambition, resilience, comfort with numeracy, and an absolute commitment to serving the best interests if our clients. And, as we’re an international organisation, we’ll need you to speak English. We also look for:
- Thirst for Knowledge - You will be intellectually curious and possess the ability and creativity to collect and analyse a range of information, then use it to make judgements on the prospects of industries.
- Analytical Skills - You will have the ability to undertake often complex research, interpret data and judge the merits of differing opinions, and form insights essential to ensure we make wise investments for our clients
- Articulate & Persuasive - You’ll need the tenacity and confidence to communicate your judgement on whether bonds in a company should be bought or sold and justify your thinking (at times with imperfect information).
- Any degree discipline: We welcome applications from all degree disciplines and all academic achievements
We’ll also need you to:
- be graduating in 2024 (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree)
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
How to Apply:
Feeling inspired to start your journey with us? Then take your first step by applying at: careers.fidelityinternational.com
This programme is open to students in the final year of undergraduate or master’s programme (Class of 2024 preferred).
Our application window closes on Sunday, 19th November 2023 at 11:55pm GMT. You are advised to submit your application as early as possible.
Please note that there are online assessments which you’ll need to complete by the time the window closes. This can take around 40 minutes to complete, so make sure you give yourself plenty of time.
All assessment centres will take place November/December.
As part of our commitment to inclusion, we are a disability-friendly company. As such, we would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond.
For any enquiries regarding your application, you can reach us at email@example.com.
This Programme is closed to applications.