Business Operations Apprenticeships 2020
What do we do?
Our Business Operations teams provide world-class solutions to our clients and project delivery to our European businesses. We have four teams recruiting apprentices.
Control & Settlements Team
The Control & Settlement (C&S) team forms part of the wider Banking Reconciliation & Control group. The department is responsible for cancel and reissue of cheques, processing of manual payments, bounced cheques, debit card exception resolution and reconciliation, IP Brokerage asset reconciliations and existing IT/ETF cash reconciliations against CREST.
What you would do in the Control & Settlements Team:
Control & Settlement team members work on a rota basis to ensure there is a good knowledge of all processes and that there is scope to react and be able to adjust to any scenarios that arise, meaning the below responsibilities are expected of all the team on any given day.
- Monitor group mailboxes, queues and incoming post, resolving requests and dealing with queries as required
- Processing cancelled/stopped cheques, liaising with Barclays where applicable
- Raising of manual payments relating to range of scenarios
- Investigate and action all bounced cheques
- Resolve debit card exceptions within a timely manner and perform the relevant reconciliations on incoming money and against underlying client deals
- CREST matching, trade amendments and problem solving
- Daily asset reconciliation for Brokerage assets on the Investment Platform
- Monitoring, labelling and resolution of outstanding entries within our client money record keeping system
- Ownership of any issues identified and taking initiative to resolve in a timely manner with no or minimal impact to client
- Ensure that Client Money rules are understood & applied to all applicable aspects of the role
- Where issues arise relating to Client Money, prompt escalation to CASS team, senior management, compliance and potentially risk
Workplace Investing Operations Team
Workplace Investing (WI) Operations supports and maintains pension administration services for a wide range of corporate clients. The nature of the service provided includes full support to pension scheme members at all stages of the administration life cycle through to specialist support to trustees and members for specific task delivery.
What you would do in the Workplace Investing Operations Team:
- Accurately processing and verifying outputs of customer journeys
- Ensure all allocated work is processed in a timely manner avoiding exposure to unnecessary risks in market movements when dealing with financial transactions, or processing invoices and sales
- To process work with a high level of accuracy and consistency
- Adherence to team Key Performance Indicators including quality, productivity, error rates, and contribution above business as usual (BAU) objectives
- To have a flexible approach with regard to types of tasks to be completed and queries to respond to
- To have engagement with non-BAU activities such as mailbox management, continuous improvement and process change delivery
- Ability to organise the day to day planning of workload for yourself and for the wider team
Pensions Project Delivery Team
The team ensures that implementations & corporate action projects meet Fidelity quality, efficiency and product definitions.
What you would do in the Pensions Project Delivery Team:
- Work internally and externally with execution teams to link in relevant documentation, instruction letters, timelines to ensure risks are mitigated and costs to members/client is controlled
- Create new schemes on systems and update existing schemes where needed
- Complete transitions and money movement on member accounts
- Reconcile member positions post transition
- Manage timing of events and ensure all tasks are covered in a risk controlled manner
- Develop, monitor and update a project plan/task list throughout the Transition and corporate action process
- Interface with internal associates to solve problems and resolve outstanding issues relating to plan administration or any of Fidelity’s products and services
Retail Pensions Team
Retail Pension Department is currently one of the fastest growing areas of the business. The team is responsible for processing the core element of SIPP (Self-Investment Personal Pensions) administration including transfers in and out, benefit calculations and payment, death, divorce cases, investment transactions and the day to day management of the SIPP. The role is key to providing uncompromising service to our IFAs and clients.
What you would do in the Retail Pensions Team:
- To ensure timely, pro-active and high quality services to clients of the Retail SIPP including updates to procedures through close liaison with all departments within Fidelity where necessary
- Ability to organise their own day to day workloads and assist the Senior Administrator in the manager’s absence with planning of the team workload
- Provide and collate information for regulatory reporting
- Work efficiently to ensure a significant contribution to your team’s target on a daily basis
- Ensuring appropriate escalation of issues to management e.g. those that have regulatory/reputational/financial risk
You will be on a Level 3 or Level 4 financial services apprenticeship. At every stage, your development will be underpinned by the best training and professional certified courses with the aim of employing you full-time once you have completed your apprenticeship qualification.
What we look for
We want people that are interested in both the industry and the sector but ultimately those that are looking for a career which will reward them in both job satisfaction and development.
You will need a minimum of three C’s at A level (or equivalent) and to have already obtained at least five GCSEs between A*-C, two of which we prefer to be English and Maths.
Salary and Benefits
We invest a lot of time and resource into our apprentices, ensuring you receive a really strong remuneration package, including salary and lifestyle benefits. Apprentices on a Level 3 apprenticeship receive a starting annual salary of £17,500. All apprentices receive a £500 welcome bonus upon starting as well as a bonus after year one of £1,000 provided that you are on track with your qualification.
Our application deadline is 3rd April 2020.
This Programme is closed to applications.